Chahue Bay, Hualtulco 1

December 15, 2013
We are moored in Marina Chahue and I am enjoying myself very much.  There are great birding areas to walk to around the marina and I have already gotten 15 lifers. After the sad and anxious months spent at home last hurricane season, I really needed a place like this. Yesterday, I got in a bird wave and I didn't know where to look first!  It was frustration at its most excellent.  The climate is cooler and less buggy than Chiapas and we can walk to the grocery and restaurants. Unfortunately, I need to go back home for some medical tests.  We are going back in a few days and hope to return February 9th. 
 
A few locals:                                
West Mexican Chachalaca
Endemic
Click on photos to enlarge them.
Cinnamon Hummingbird
Orange-breasted Bunting
Red-breasted Chat
White-lored Gnatcatcher
Not an endemic or lifer but I just love this bird and since I am the editor, he gets his picture put up.
Yellow-winged Cacique
Isn't he something?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, some amazing-looking birds there. I hope all is well and you are back birding aboard the Peregrine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick,
      Thanks for dropping in. Yes, all is well. We are going to recuperate (I want to bird longer) here for a bit, then work our way up the coast of Mexico. Only about 350 nautical miles to finish the circumnavigation. Good thing; I'm getting a bit old and tired! Have seen a few good butterflies but I was unable to get a photo of most of them.

      Delete