Dickcissel and Chestnut-sided Warblers

September 17, 2012

Today I saw my first Dickcissel and Chestnut-sided Warbler for the season.  Still plenty of Yellow Warblers and Prothonotary Warblers around.
Prothonotary Warbler
The birds were lively close to the marina and I got rained out before I wanted to quit. I did not see the empidonax today.
Blue-gray Tanager
Finally, some Eastern Kingbirds came down from the tree tops and gave good views.
Yesterday, Glyn and I went into the San Lorenzo N.P.  Wasn't a great birding day, but there was an Embera couple there selling basket work and wood carvings.  The had a baby howler monkey tied around it's waist with a light weight rope. Glyn was brave enough to say the monkey should be free. The couple looked apologetic and made a guesture indicating an arm injury. When we looked closely, we could see he was missing an arm; so they were saviors and not simply taking a baby monkey from it's mother. Glyn couldn't help herself and had to hold it. It is six months old. The indians seemed to lavish it with attention and it was very sweet and loving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment