Willow Flycatcher ? Calling on Video

May 8, 2012
I found an Empid today and I got good views and heard it well. It had an almost squeaky quality to the  'whit' and I decided I had a Willow. I was able to get a very short video of the bird with a few whits on it. I put it on the net, but didn't get a response. I may try a few other sites and see what happens. The video may not be good enough for ID.  You have to turn up the volumn to hear it call.

http://youtu.be/kiwaLJDfbCI

That was the only Empid or Wood-pewee I saw today, and I was surprised to find it.  We've had light southerlies for two mornings in a row and I thought they would have used that and the light from the super moon to have a few fairly easy red-eye flights.

Other migrants today included a warbler and several Red-eyed Vireos.  The warbler was high in dense foliage and I only got a grey head and yellow undertail coverts before it took off.

No comments:

Post a Comment