Laughing Falcon

LAUGHING FALCON
Isn't he beautiful! This falcons main diet is snakes, but it also eats bats. I have only seen a Laughing Falcon once before; when I entered it on my life list on February 5, 2011.  I was also in the Kennedy Loop area.
November 21, 2011
The Least Sandpiper was still around today and I saw two Black-bellied (Grey) Plovers in the flooded fields near the lighthouse at Toro Point.  I went back to the breakwater to try and get a picture of the upper wings of the Zebra-striped Hairstreak Butterfly, but I couldn't find it.  As I walked on the breakwater, three Whimbrel flew over, going from Toro Point into Limon Bay. Got caught in a downpour on the way back to the boat.
November 22, 2011  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RHIANNON!
Went out about 10:00 to bird for a few hours.  I just went to Kennedy Loop because I couldn't stay out long; I had to get laundry done. Not much happening today. There was a group of noisy Keel-billed Toucans, a pair of Black-chested Jays, a Cocoa Woodcreeper, White-tailed Trogons, male and female Blue Dacnis and the usual Tanagers. The highlight of the day was a Laughing Falcon.  I love Raptors!

No comments:

Post a Comment